Sunday 22 June 2014

Unwind with Tilly Flop

Julie Nelson Rhodes will be joining Unwind as a vendor so I asked her to answer a few questions about her company, Tilly Flop, with us...


Please introduce yourself and your business in 2-3 sentences.

Im a graphic designer and I love to knit a few years ago I couldnt find a card to send to a knitting chum so designed my own. And Tilly Flop designs began


© TillyFlop designs



What treats can we look forward to seeing at your stand during Unwind?

Ill have all my card ranges plus all my prints, some laser cut felt and I hope to have a brand new tea towel design to launch there too!

© TillyFlop designs


What kind of graphic design did you do before you became knit obsessed?

For the last, gulp, twenty-ahem-years Ive designed primarily for museums, visitor centres and exhibitions - its a great job and is hugely varied. It can also be very stressful as deadlines have to be met  and its not unknown to regularly work through the night knitting helps me cope with that though when Im busy there isnt much spare time. I have to hide my knitting away when Im really busy as the temptation is too great


Youve recently launched temporary tattoos, do you have any tattoos?

Not yet though am planning to and Ive been commissioned to design a real one which is very exciting

© TillyFlop designs


Where do you find inspiration from?

I am a collector [some may say hoarder] books and magazines are a passion, along with yarn, fabric and knitting ephemera. Pinterest helps keep the piles of cuttings in check. Im an avid blog reader too So inspiration comes from everywhere a trip to the supermarket or visiting our local antiques market in Bermondsey.


What are you looking forward to the most about Unwind?

Therell be yarn, therell be lovely yarn folk, therell be ice cream and its by the sea: sounds like a winner doesnt it?

©Jill Mead

Thank you to Julie for taking the time to tell us about what she makes! You can find Julies etsy shop by visiting https://www.tillyflopdesigns.etsy.com. To keep up to date with all of the latest Tilly Flop news, keep an eye on Twitter @julietillyflop or Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment